Ad Campaign: Dior’s Fall 2022 Menswear
PARIS, FRANCE — Dior‘s artistic director of menswear, Kim Jones recreated the set of the house’s runway show, a replica of the Alexandre III bridge, as a painted backdrop in sepia and blue.
Rafael Pavarotti photographed the advertisement, which is made for a cinematic setting showcasing the designs of Jones. The idealized version of Paris was part of the designer’s tribute to founder Christian Dior on the house’s 75th anniversary.
“I really love the colors of this campaign, a perfect reflection of the spirit of Paris and the love of fashion. It’s a masculine and luxurious collection, like an echo to Christian Dior,” Jones said in a statement.
Models Alex Khristenko, Indiana Van’t Slot, Jie Zheng, Suma Nicolau and Viktor Krohm are in the campaign, wearing a mix of tailoring and sportswear rife with the house’s codes, from “cannage” quilting to leopard prints. The French fashion house’s signature Bar jacket is the basis for a long coat or a black leather version.
Accessories include a Saddle bag transformed into a holder for a bouquet of pink roses, and Dior’s eagerly awaited collaboration with Birkenstock on sandals. Several looks are topped off with minimalist versions of berets designed by Stephen Jones, who is celebrating 25 years at the house and who Jones brought out for the final bow at the January show.
The campaign, set to break in print on Wednesday, was art-directed by Ronnie Cooke Newhouse and styled by Melanie Ward and Ellie Grace Cumming. Peter Philips did the makeup and Guido the hair.
Photos Credit: Rafael Pavarotti
More Content For You
- Ad Campaign: Dior Men’s Pre-Fall 2022
- Ad Campaign: Dior Men’s Pre-Fall 2021
- Dior Fall 2020 Men’s Ad Campaign
- Dior Spring Men’s Spring 2021 Ad Campaign
- Shawn Stussy Makes Fashion Comeback With Dior Pre-Fall Men’s Ads
- Basketball Player Shai Gilgeous-Alexander Outfitted In Dior And Rick Owens
- NFL Player Aaron Donald Wears A Dior Oblique Pixel Short Sleeved Shirt And Oblique Pixel Bermuda Shorts
- Passion For Fashion: Jaxson Hayes Draped In Dior
- Meek Mill Performs In A Dior Oblique Sweater
- Kim Jones Is Staging Dior’s Next Show In L.A. On May 19
Donovan is the CEO and Editor-In-Chief of www.dmfashionbook.com. For all general inquiries please email email@example.com Donovan has a BA in Journalism & Media Studies from the prestigious Rutgers University. He's currently studying entertainment and fashion law.