Lucy Liu Fronts Alexander Wang’s Resort Collection Campaign
NEW YORK, UNITED STATES — Actress, producer, and artist Lucy Liu, fronts Alexander Wang’s resort ad campaign.
The campaign was photographed by photographer Heji Shin.
According to the company, the ads portray the “extravagantly mundane” day-in-the life of the lead character challenging the stereotypical expectations of the Alpha woman navigating her personal and work lives. The campaign, which recognizes identity and diversity, tells the story of the Asian woman who exemplifies power and excellence.
In drop one of the collection, Wang adds an opulent elevation to the ordinary, reworking classic fabrics into modern power silhouettes. Distressed moto-jacket leathers are applied to sharp suiting, trench coats and shirt jackets, giving new context to leather dressing.
Wang strips back his denim and removes excess hardware detailing. Acid washed denim is seen as tailoring with pockets hidden through invisible zippers, and the “denim tuxedo” is reimagined in a more luxurious silhouette paired with Wang’s interpretation of modern heirloom accessories. Spandex, an integral fabric in the Wang brand DNA, is presented in evening sets, finished in a resin glaze and given ruched effect.
Photos Credit: Heji Shin for Alexander Wang
More from my site
- NFL Player Mike Hughes Styles In Alexander Wang, Fear Of God And Chanel
- Alexander Wang’s Post-Rebrand Ad Campaign Is Here
- Alexander Wang’s CEO Lisa Gersh Exited Company
- Alexander Wang Is Making Some Changes On The New York Fashion Week Calendar
- Howard University Homecoming 2017: Lala Anthony Styles In Alexander Wang And Yeezy Season 3
- Ad Campaign: Alexander Wang Fall 2017 Starring Kendall Jenner, 21 Savage & Bella Hadid
Donovan is the CEO and Editor-In-Chief of www.dmfashionbook.com. For all general inquiries please email email@example.com Donovan has a BA in Journalism & Media Studies from the prestigious Rutgers University. He's currently studying entertainment and fashion law.