Ad Campaign: NBA Player Shai Gilgeous-Alexander For Levi’s® 501 Originals
UNITED STATES — Basketball players are the new style icons. When they are arriving to games around the globe, most players look stylish, dressed like they’re fresh off the runways in Paris, Milan, and London or on the red carpet in Hollywood or New York.
The NBA arenas has become a true measure of style. If you can style in the arena, you can style anywhere. And Shai Gilgeous–Alexander can definitely style in the arena and off the court.
The Oklahoma City Thunder shooting guard / point guard is building his brand outside of sports. He is featured in an ad campaign for Levi’s® 501 Originals.
The shoot was photographed by photographer Micaiah Carter.
The brand caught up with Shai on the set of his shoot. Below are some excerpts:
For Shai, his creativity in fashion was first sparked when he was a kid hanging out at the mall. “I loved shopping at a young age. Even if I didn’t buy anything, I was going to the mall just to look at clothes.”
When it comes to his style, it’s all about comfort. “It’s got to look good and be comfortable,” he says. Which, with his Levi’s® jeans, means a baggier fit. “Slimmer fitting jeans are a little bit tighter and less comfortable,” he says. Whereas the Levi’s® 501®, with it’s classic straight leg, can be worn looser and oversized, giving it the baggy fit that Shai prefers. And while he likes to pair his Levi’s® with Converse or Nike Air Force Ones, he’s also a master at the high-low approach to denim. “I feel like with denim, you can dress up or down. It just gives you so many options, mixing and matching.”
As for how Shai defines his own hall-of-fame drip? “It’s more than just what you put on in terms of clothes. It’s how you wear them, the confidence when you wear them.”
Photos Credit: Micaiah Carter
Source: Excerpts via Levi’s.
More Content For You
- Leather Weather: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander’s Racing Jacket And Dsquared2 Leather Biker Trousers
- Fashionable Baller Shai Gilgeous-Alexander Wears A Bottega Veneta Long Sleeve Cotton Twill Jacket & Nike Air Jordan 1 ‘Black Toe’ Sneakers
- NBA player Shai Gilgeous-Alexander Styled A Louis Vuitton Multi Patched Mixed Leather Blouson With Evisu Seagull Carrot Fit Raw Denim Jeans & Louis Vuitton × Nike Air Force 1 Mid White Sneakers
- Basketball Player Shai Gilgeous-Alexander Outfitted In A Supreme Yohji Yamamoto Vanson Leathers Split Jacket, Balenciaga Denim Pants & Timberland 6″ Premium Waterproof Boot
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander Styles In Dsquared2 Leather Biker Trousers, Balenciaga Strike Ankle Boots And A B.B. Simon Cross Leather Belt
- Basketball Player Shai Gilgeous-Alexander Outfitted In Dior And Rick Owens
- NBA Player Shai Gilgeous-Alexander Wears A Vintage Speed Racer Grey T-Shirt, Rick Owens DRKSHDW Snap Button Oversized Track Pants And Nike × Travis Scott Air Jordan 1 Low Reverse Sneakers
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander Wears Balenciaga And Nike × Off-White Air Jordan 1 Sneakers To The NBA Summer League 2022
- Fashion God: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander Wears A Who Decides War Four Horsemen Flannel And Gallery Dept. Flare Carpenter Pants
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander Stepped Out In Louis Vuitton, EVISU, And Nike × CDG × Supreme Air Force 1 ’07 Low White Sneakers
Donovan is the CEO and Editor-In-Chief of www.dmfashionbook.com. For all general inquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org Donovan has a BA in Journalism & Media Studies from the prestigious Rutgers University. He's currently studying entertainment and fashion law.