Kate Moss Stars In Self-Portrait’s Pre-Fall 2021 Campaign
UNITED KINGDOM — Contemporary label Self-Portrait released its pre-fall 2021 ad campaign starring iconic British fashion model Kate Moss.
Photographer Nigel Shafran photographed Moss in the English countryside near the model’s home in Gloucestershire. The photographer spent the day with Moss, capturing her indoors and outdoors in a series of moody poses.
In an interview, the brand’s founder Han Chong said he’d always loved Moss’ “effortless style” and her joyful outlook. He said that during the shoot he laughed more than he did all year, and that the mood Moss created was “effortless and natural.”
“If you ask me who epitomizes the Self-Portrait spirit and woman, it is, and always has been, Kate Moss,” Chong said.
“Her enormous appetite for life and her infectious sense of fun are what characterize the women I think about when I’m designing my collections — there is this sense of freedom, of effortlessness, of embracing life. She is a complete professional, and makes the designs feel so easy and so instinctive.”
In the campaign, Moss wears Self-Portrait archive pieces, and ones from the new collection, including a yellow vintage floral midi dress, a striped knit dress and a ribbed knit one.
The campaign, which broke on April 14 on Self-Portrait’s social channels and other outlets, coincides with the delivery of the pre-fall 2021 collection online and in-store, including the brand’s London flagship, which reopened on Monday as lockdown began to ease in the U.K.
Chong served as creative director of the campaign, which was styled by Marie Chaix, with makeup by Isamaya Ffrench and hair by Gary Gill. Ben Reardon was the art director.
Storm Models’s founder Sarah Doukas first discovered Moss in JFK airport (NYC) at aged 14 in 1988.
Photos Credit: Nigel Shafran
More Content For You
- Bella Hadid Fronts Self-Portrait Spring 2022 Ad Campaign
- Kawhi Leonard And Jack Harlow Star In New Balance Ad Campaign
- Beyoncé’s Latest Ivy Park Drop Reimagines The Stan Smith, Arrives Memorial Day Weekend
- Louis Vuitton Opens NYC Exhibit To Celebrate Virgil Abloh’s Nike “Air Force 1”
- Luxury Apparel And Sneakers: Jacquemus Announces Upcoming Collaboration With Nike
- Tommy Hilfiger Inks Multifaceted Partnership With Shawn Mendes, He Will Also Be The Face Of The Summer 2022 Global Campaign
- College Football Player Shedeur Sanders Attends A Sports Event In Amiri And Dior
- Get The Look: NLE Choppa In Amiri, Purple Brand, Calvin Klein And Air Jordan 4 Retro Shimmer Sneakers
- NBA Fashion: Scottie Barnes Jr. Dressed In Supreme, Amiri And Off-White While Vacaying In The Bahamas
- Shedeur Sanders Outfitted In An Amiri Paint Splatter Logo-Embroidered Hoodie And White & Blue Skel Top Low Sneakers
Donovan is the CEO and Editor-In-Chief of www.dmfashionbook.com. For all general inquiries please email email@example.com Donovan has a BA in Journalism & Media Studies from the prestigious Rutgers University. He's currently studying entertainment and fashion law.