Kate Moss Stars In Self-Portrait’s Pre-Fall 2021 Campaign
UNITED KINGDOM — Contemporary label Self-Portrait released its pre-fall 2021 ad campaign starring iconic British fashion model Kate Moss.
Photographer Nigel Shafran photographed Moss in the English countryside near the model’s home in Gloucestershire. The photographer spent the day with Moss, capturing her indoors and outdoors in a series of moody poses.
In an interview, the brand’s founder Han Chong said he’d always loved Moss’ “effortless style” and her joyful outlook. He said that during the shoot he laughed more than he did all year, and that the mood Moss created was “effortless and natural.”
“If you ask me who epitomizes the Self-Portrait spirit and woman, it is, and always has been, Kate Moss,” Chong said.
“Her enormous appetite for life and her infectious sense of fun are what characterize the women I think about when I’m designing my collections — there is this sense of freedom, of effortlessness, of embracing life. She is a complete professional, and makes the designs feel so easy and so instinctive.”
In the campaign, Moss wears Self-Portrait archive pieces, and ones from the new collection, including a yellow vintage floral midi dress, a striped knit dress and a ribbed knit one.
The campaign, which broke on April 14 on Self-Portrait’s social channels and other outlets, coincides with the delivery of the pre-fall 2021 collection online and in-store, including the brand’s London flagship, which reopened on Monday as lockdown began to ease in the U.K.
Chong served as creative director of the campaign, which was styled by Marie Chaix, with makeup by Isamaya Ffrench and hair by Gary Gill. Ben Reardon was the art director.
Storm Models’s founder Sarah Doukas first discovered Moss in JFK airport (NYC) at aged 14 in 1988.
Photos Credit: Nigel Shafran
More Content For You
- Gigi Hadid Fronts Self-Portrait’s Spring 2023 Campaign
- Naomi Campbell Fronts Self-Portrait’s Debut Handbag Campaign
- Bella Hadid Fronts Self-Portrait Spring 2022 Ad Campaign
- Denis Zakaria Dressed In Rhude, Bally, Nay Afford, And Louis Vuitton
- GloRilla Stars In Tommy Jeans, Aries Ad Campaign
- Stylin: Toosii Opts For Who Decides War And Balenciaga
- NLE Choppa Wears Ian Alexander In New Video
- Fear Of God Sets First Fashion Show At The Hollywood Bowl
- Fashion Brand Scotch & Soda Acquired By Bluestar Alliance
- Bottega Veneta Will Stage Fall Show In Beijing
Donovan is the CEO and Editor-In-Chief of www.dmfashionbook.com. For all general inquiries please email email@example.com Donovan has a BA in Journalism & Media Studies from the prestigious Rutgers University. He's currently studying entertainment and fashion law.