Ad Campaign: Dior Men’s Pre-Fall 2021
PARIS, FRANCE — Christian Dior SE, commonly known as Dior released it pre-fall 2021 men’s ad campaign, which was shot by Rafael Pavarotti and styled by Melanie Ward.
Models Issa Naciri, Ibrahim Mohamed, Thatcher Thornton and Woosang Kim are featured in the campaign, which is slated to break in British GQ and Vogue Man Arabia on Thursday.
Kim Jones, Dior Men’s artistic director said, “bringing Kenny Scharf’s out-of-this-world universe to life via Rafael’s photography this season was a moment of optimism in challenging times. These images represent the hope of returning to reality in a not-so-distant future.”
The cartoon-like paintings of Scharf, a mainstay of the New York art scene in the 1980s, appear on clothes and accessories, sometimes rendered in painstaking seed-stitch embroideries. Dior described Scharf’s pop aesthetic and impish, imaginary characters as being “at the crossroads of cartoons, Surrealism and science fiction.”
The campaign also showcases bags from the Dior Lock line, and Jones’ latest footwear proposition: Dior Explorer II boots.
Ronnie Cooke Newhouse acted as art director, while Peter Philips did makeup and Guido Palau the hair, which channeled a Nineties club-kid attitude. The clothes, meanwhile, take a cue from the comfort dressing that has become de rigueur for legions of people working and socializing from home: belted, robe-like jackets and coats, plus loose pajama-style pants.
Photos Credit: Rafael Pavarotti
More Content For You
- Ad Campaign: Dior Men’s Pre-Fall 2022
- Dior Spring Men’s Spring 2021 Ad Campaign
- Dior Fall 2020 Men’s Ad Campaign
- Shawn Stussy Makes Fashion Comeback With Dior Pre-Fall Men’s Ads
- Holiday Season: Dior Unveils Men’s Ski Collection Via Popup In SoHo
- Ad Campaign: Dior Men’s Fall 2020/Winter 2021
- Dior Launches Men’s Ski Capsule, First Collection Arrives In November
- Luxury Shopping In Manhattan: Dior Men Opens SoHo Boutique
- Dior Essentials: Dior Men Launches New Line
- Kim Jones Is Staging Dior’s Next Show In L.A. On May 19
Donovan is the CEO and Editor-In-Chief of www.dmfashionbook.com. For all general inquiries please email email@example.com Donovan has a BA in Journalism & Media Studies from the prestigious Rutgers University. He's currently studying entertainment and fashion law.