Issa Rae Fronts Madewell’s Spring 2021 Campaign
UNITED STATES — Insecure creator and star Issa Rae fronts the spring 2021 ad campaign for American denim brand Madewell, titled “What Are You Made Of?”
It’s a look into actress, producer, writer and director’s lifestyle and what’s on her mind: “The best advice I’ve ever received is to make sure I’m having fun, to celebrate the wins,” Rae says in the campaign. “I can get tunnel vision in terms of what’s next, what’s next, what’s next. But looking back at what you’ve accomplished is really important.”
In the ad, Rae is photo’d wearing Madewell vintage jeans, a moto jacket, jumpsuit, oversize midi shirt dress, and sneakers. The Madewell collection is based in denim, and the brand also sells casual sportswear, accessories and footwear.
Madewell’s chief marketing officer, Derek Yarbrough, said the goal of the “What Are You Made Of?” campaign was to underscore those “Living their most authentic lives and to celebrate what makes them unique…Issa Rae was a favorite of everyone on our team. Not only has she built a creative empire on her unique point of view but also because she has worked so hard to champion the next generation of creatives, and to give a voice and a platform to the underrepresented. She is unapologetically herself and encourages others to be the same.”
Choosing Rae “was really a no-brainer,” he added.
Rae worked with her production company, ColorCreative, and music label, Raedio, on the campaign. The video was directed by Sadé Clacken Joseph, a Caribbean–American filmmaker, photographer and singer from the Bronx, and features the works of author Elaine Welteroth, art curator Autumn Breon, poet Tonya Ingram and novelist Yaa Gyasi, among others.
Photos Credit: Courtesy
More Content For You
- Issa Rae For Bustle
- Yara Shahidi And Issa Rae Front Marie Claire’s May 2018 “Fresh Faces” Issue
- Tommy Hilfiger Inks Multifaceted Partnership With Shawn Mendes, He Will Also Be The Face Of The Summer 2022 Global Campaign
- College Football Player Shedeur Sanders Attends A Sports Event In Amiri And Dior
- Get The Look: NLE Choppa In Amiri, Purple Brand, Calvin Klein And Air Jordan 4 Retro Shimmer Sneakers
- NBA Fashion: Scottie Barnes Jr. Dressed In Supreme, Amiri And Off-White While Vacaying In The Bahamas
- Shedeur Sanders Outfitted In An Amiri Paint Splatter Logo-Embroidered Hoodie And White & Blue Skel Top Low Sneakers
- NLE Choppa Flexes His Physique In G-Star Raw Men’s Classic Trunk
- Sportswear: Dior Johnson Wears A Vital Studios Sweatsuit & Amiri White & Grey Hi Skel Top Sneakers
- Colorful And Stylish: Reginae Carter In Versace
Donovan is the CEO and Editor-In-Chief of www.dmfashionbook.com. For all general inquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org Donovan has a BA in Journalism & Media Studies from the prestigious Rutgers University. He's currently studying entertainment and fashion law.