Issa Rae Fronts Madewell’s Spring 2021 Campaign
UNITED STATES — Insecure creator and star Issa Rae fronts the spring 2021 ad campaign for American denim brand Madewell, titled “What Are You Made Of?”
It’s a look into actress, producer, writer and director’s lifestyle and what’s on her mind: “The best advice I’ve ever received is to make sure I’m having fun, to celebrate the wins,” Rae says in the campaign. “I can get tunnel vision in terms of what’s next, what’s next, what’s next. But looking back at what you’ve accomplished is really important.”
In the ad, Rae is photo’d wearing Madewell vintage jeans, a moto jacket, jumpsuit, oversize midi shirt dress, and sneakers. The Madewell collection is based in denim, and the brand also sells casual sportswear, accessories and footwear.
Madewell’s chief marketing officer, Derek Yarbrough, said the goal of the “What Are You Made Of?” campaign was to underscore those “Living their most authentic lives and to celebrate what makes them unique…Issa Rae was a favorite of everyone on our team. Not only has she built a creative empire on her unique point of view but also because she has worked so hard to champion the next generation of creatives, and to give a voice and a platform to the underrepresented. She is unapologetically herself and encourages others to be the same.”
Choosing Rae “was really a no-brainer,” he added.
Rae worked with her production company, ColorCreative, and music label, Raedio, on the campaign. The video was directed by Sadé Clacken Joseph, a Caribbean–American filmmaker, photographer and singer from the Bronx, and features the works of author Elaine Welteroth, art curator Autumn Breon, poet Tonya Ingram and novelist Yaa Gyasi, among others.
Photos Credit: Courtesy
More Content For You
- Issa Rae For Bustle
- Yara Shahidi And Issa Rae Front Marie Claire’s May 2018 “Fresh Faces” Issue
- Kim Kardashian Fronts Latest SKIMS Swimwear Launch
- New York Fashion Week: Pusha T Attends Thom Browne Show
- Swae Lee’s Louis Vuitton LV Fade Printed Long Sleeved T-Shirt
- Curtis ‘50 Cent’ Jackson Signs Non-Exclusive Broadcast Direct Deal With Fox
- Zaire Wade Outfitted In Louis Vuitton
- Lil Meech Spotted Donning In Who Decides War And Nike CPFM Flea 1 Cactus Plant Flea Market Overgrown Sneakers
- Louis Vuitton Names Pharrell Williams Men’s Creative Director
- Super Bowl LVII: The Eagles Arrived To State Farm Stadium In Style
Donovan is the CEO and Editor-In-Chief of www.dmfashionbook.com. For all general inquiries please email email@example.com Donovan has a BA in Journalism & Media Studies from the prestigious Rutgers University. He's currently studying entertainment and fashion law.