Iconic Rapper & Actress Eve To Star In ABC Music Drama Pilot ‘Queens’
UNITED STATES — Iconic rapper turned actress Eve is set to play a leading role in the ABC‘s drama pilot Queens, according to Variety.
The pilot is about four estranged and out-of-touch women in their 40s who reunite for a chance to recapture their fame and regain the swagger they had as the Nasty Bitches – their ’90s group that made them legends in the hip-hop world.
The Grammy Award winning rapper will star in the role of Brianna. Twenty years ago, Brianna was Professor Sex — one fourth of the Nasty Bitches — rapping about money, sex and her all-around glamorous lifestyle. Today, Brianna is a proud wife and mother of five in a stained sweatsuit who barely has a second to breathe. Not glamorous, but Brianna loves her life. The Nasty Bitches are a distant, distant memory. But when an opportunity arises for the group to reunite, Brianna will grapple with whether or not she still has the swagger and confidence that made her an icon decades ago.
In addition to starring, Eve will be rendering original music for the show as her character. Throughout her storied career, Eve has released four multi-million selling albums and 32 singles to date, most recently dropping the single “Reload” in 2019.
For the past four years, she served as the host of the CBS daytime series The Talk. Her other onscreen credits include starring in the Barbershop franchise as well as appearing as herself in shows like Jane the Virgin, Empire, and Kidding.
She is repped by CAA and Massive Management.
Queens is written and executive produced by Zahir McGhee with Sabrina Wind also serving as an executive producer. ABC Signature will produce.
Photos Credit: Edd Horder
More Content For You
- Actress Naturi Naughton Joins Eve In ABC Music Drama Pilot ‘Queens’
- Hamidou Diallo’s Prada Double Match Heavy Cotton Shirt And Moncler Genius Blue Men’s 2 Moncler 1952 Genius Quilted Puffer Jacket
- Eve Is Returning To The TV Screen; Lands Starring Role In Interracial Romantic Comedy For ABC
- BREAKING: 2 Rare, Philly’s Biggest Rapper, Signs To Second Estate Records & Warner Records
- Meek Mill Wears Louis Vuitton And Amiri
- Haider Ackermann To Design Next Jean Paul Gaultier Couture
- 49ers’ Deebo Samuel Signs Endorsement With Jordan Brand
- Offset Performs In A Supreme Yohji Yamamoto Vanson Leathers Split Jacket, Pants And Balenciaga Motocross Boots
- Arizona Cardinals Quarterback Kyler Murray Wears A Supreme Yohji Yamamoto Vanson Leathers Split Jacket And Pants
- NFL Wide Receiver: A. J. Brown Wears Prada And Amiri
Donovan is the CEO and Editor-In-Chief of www.dmfashionbook.com. For all general inquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org Donovan has a BA in Journalism & Media Studies from the prestigious Rutgers University. He's currently studying entertainment and fashion law.