“This is another chapter of this journey,” Michele said about the men’s tailoring advertising series. “With these campaigns, I am working on different ways of being elegant, and these three men embody this idea perfectly. I like to tell the story of elegance in completely arbitrary and unexpected ways. Perhaps elegance is something in the air that sometimes you are not even ready for. Male elegance can be unpredictable and strange.”
A$AP Rocky, Iggy Pop, And Tyler The Creator For Gucci’s Men’s Tailoring Ad Campaign
MILAN, ITALY — Luxury house Gucci tapped A$AP Rocky, Iggy Pop and Tyler, the Creator for their Men’s Tailoring ad campaign and accompanying video, which were photographed and directed by Harmony Korine.
The house’s creative director, Alessandro Michele, intended to evoke a fun, rock star lifestyle, envisioning a meeting of these flamboyant personalities in a modernist mansion located in Los Angeles, where the campaign was shot in February, before the pandemic shut down the world.
“The result is a group campaign with three men who I believe had fun, too,” Michele said in a statement. “There is always this image of eccentricity, because they are in fact eccentric themselves. A certain type of fun is also portrayed and the idea of how one’s obsession with appearances can create a kind of common ground that can become a sort of brotherhood. It was beautiful to see these three men together, seemingly different but very similar.”
In the ad, Rocky, Pop and Tyler are portrayed both inside and outside the bold architectural spaces of the villa, with Pop’s pet parrot Biggy Pop and a hyacinth blue macaw. While goofing around with the pets around a pot of spaghetti on a kitchen table or on a grassy terrace at night, the artists flaunt a range of monogrammed blazer jackets, three-pieces suits and popping knits, all styled with branded sunglasses, leather goods and jewelry.
Photos Credit: Harmony Korine/Courtesy of Gucci
More Content For You
- Alessandro Michele Is Exiting Gucci
- Gucci Will No Longer Present Coed Shows, Return To Milan Men’s Fashion Week
- Gucci To Hold Show Men’s And Women’s In Italy’s Apulia On May 16
- Gucci Will Stage Coed Fashion Show This Spring
- Gucci, North Face Launch Advertising Campaign
- A Collaboration With Gucci, The North Face Is In The Works
- Gucci Will Not Follow The Traditional Fashion Calendar, Going Seasonless, Hints At New Ways To Show
- Gucci Will Cruise To The Bay Area For Resort 2021 Show
- Luxury House Gucci Teams Up With Rapper Gucci Mane For Resort 2020
- Gucci Will Cruise To Rome For 2020 Show
Donovan is the CEO and Editor-In-Chief of www.dmfashionbook.com. For all general inquiries please email email@example.com Donovan has a BA in Journalism & Media Studies from the prestigious Rutgers University. He's currently studying entertainment and fashion law.