Luxury House Gucci Teams Up With Rapper Gucci Mane For Resort 2020
ITALY — Fashion month Spring 2020, is just about over and luxury houses are releasing their Resort 2020 campaigns. Earlier this week, Gucci debuted its new imagery for the season.
If you’re an Instagram user, than most likely you saw photos posted on the social site, thanks to rapper Gucci Mane. The Italian house teamed up with the Atlanta-based rapper for the cover art of his forthcoming LP, Woptober II (dropping October 17), which is also part of Gucci‘s ad campaign.
Artistic director Alessandro Michele, who created an eclectic, ’70s-inspired collection with political messaging woven in for Resort 2020, teamed up with art director Christopher Simmonds and photographer/director Harmony Korine to throw a Gucci-fied house party at Villa La Furibonda in Rome.
Titled “#ComeAsYouAre_RSVP” (yes, hashtag included), the campaign also features Sienna Miller and Iggy Pop alongside Gucci Mane, as well as an eclectic crew of party people dressed in what might be the last pieces of Michele’s signature “Guccification.“
“Gucci’s party is permanent because it represents, first of all, a state of mind: Everything is possible, there are no boundaries, everybody goes with everybody and what goes around comes around,” reads the campaign’s press release. “The clothes offer endless possibilities to be whomever you want or to appear as you prefer, without any barriers or limits whatsoever.”
More Content For You
- Gucci’s Pre-Fall 2017 Campaign Features ALL-BLACK Models
- Gucci Mane Wears A Gucci Sweatshirt With Donald Duck Appliqué & Jersey Bomber Jacket With Panther
- Alessandro Michele Is Exiting Gucci
- Gucci Will No Longer Present Coed Shows, Return To Milan Men’s Fashion Week
- Gucci To Hold Show Men’s And Women’s In Italy’s Apulia On May 16
- Gucci Will Stage Coed Fashion Show This Spring
- Gucci, North Face Launch Advertising Campaign
- A$AP Rocky, Iggy Pop, And Tyler The Creator For Gucci’s Men’s Tailoring Ad Campaign
- A Collaboration With Gucci, The North Face Is In The Works
- Gucci Will Not Follow The Traditional Fashion Calendar, Going Seasonless, Hints At New Ways To Show
Donovan is the CEO and Editor-In-Chief of www.dmfashionbook.com. For all general inquiries please email email@example.com Donovan has a BA in Journalism & Media Studies from the prestigious Rutgers University. He's currently studying entertainment and fashion law.