Kim Jones Releases His First Dior Men’s Ad Campaign
PARIS, FRANCE — In the beginning of this year, DM Fashion Book exclusively reported that Kim Jones exited French house Louis Vuitton (see it here). He showed his final collection (fall 2018 menswear) for the brand Thursday (January 18) during Paris Fashion Week.
On March 19, it was announced that Jones was appointed Dior Homme‘s new artistic director (see it here).
The English designer just released his first Dior Men‘s ad campaign, shot by Steven Meisel.
Jones tapped U.S. artist Kaws (Brian Donnelly) to design a 33-foot-tall, clown-like figure made up of 70,000 flowers for his debut men’s show for the brand in June. The artistic director decided to also feature the sculpture, representing founder Christian Dior, in his first advertising campaign for the French luxury house.
The images feature models in looks ranging from relaxed tailoring to upscale sportswear and more casual items embroidered with cartoon bees, part of a capsule collection designed with Kaws — that will drop in stores in December as a taster for the spring collection.
Among them is Prince Nikolai of Denmark, who in one image wears the look in which he opened the show: a blue-and-white suit with striped sleeves. The other models are Valentin Caron, Romaine Dixon, Malick Bodian and Lukas G.
“I wanted the advertising to reflect the spirit of the men’s summer show and the beauty of Dior,” Jones said. “I’ve always wanted to work with Kaws, I think he’s super chic and also his work speaks to a lot of people.”
Photos Credit: Steven Meisel
More Content For You
- Ad Campaign: Dior Men’s Fall 2020/Winter 2021
- Dior Fall 2020 Men’s Ad Campaign
- Shawn Stussy Makes Fashion Comeback With Dior Pre-Fall Men’s Ads
- Styling On Em: YBN Almighty Jay’s $3,900 Balenciaga Men’s Twinset Parka And $950 Dior x Kaws Sweatshirt
- IT’S OFFICIAL: Dior Confirms Kim Jones Is Dior Homme’s New Artistic Director
- Kim Jones Is Staging Dior’s Men’s Pre-Fall Collection In Egypt
- Ad Campaign: Dior’s Fall 2022 Menswear
- Fendi Will Present Runway Show During New York Fashion Week
- Kim Jones Is Staging Dior’s Next Show In L.A. On May 19
- Dior & Travis Scott Mutually Decided To Postpone Cactus Jack Collection Indefinitely
Donovan is the CEO and Editor-In-Chief of www.dmfashionbook.com. For all general inquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org Donovan has a BA in Journalism & Media Studies from the prestigious Rutgers University. He's currently studying entertainment and fashion law.