Raf Simons Unveils His First Campaign For Calvin Klein
Raf Simons is our fashion God! He’s winning our hearts.
Raf Simons took the helm at Calvin Klein last summer (see it here). We recently reported that the brand will launch made-to-measure clothing and accessories services at Calvin Klein on April 1. The range, called Calvin Klein By Appointment, pledges to offer unique pieces, previously only made for celebrity clientele, to CK fans looking for a special slice of Simons’s creativity for themselves (see it here). We also announced that the highly anticipated Calvin Klein Fall 2017 runway show will take place Feb. 10 at 10 a.m. during New York Fashion Week. This will be Simons first collection for the label. The show will feature Calvin Klein’s men’s and women’s ready-to-wear and accessories (see it here).
And just last week, Calvin Klein unveiled a new logo. The iconic American brand’s new logo was designed in collaboration with English art director and graphic designer Peter Saville (see it here).
The moment we’ve been patiently waiting for has arrived. Raf Simons just unveiled his first campaign for Calvin Klein. The Spring 2017 campaign for the iconic American label is titled, “American Classics” and was photographed by Willy Vanderperre.
The campaign displays Calvin Klein‘s signature items — denim jeans, a cotton tank and white men’s briefs — alongside the contemporary works of famous American artists Andy Warhol, Sterling Ruby, Richard Prince and Dan Flavin.
“It’s a celebration of Calvin Klein’s iconic underwear and jeans; acknowledging their status as Pop and showing them in the world of art,” said Simons in a statement via Instagram.
The brand also notes that Prince‘s text-heavy artworks tie in nicely with the new Calvin Klein logo adorning the models’ briefs. “Not that we’d confuse the branding with the wearer’s identity, as Lorraine did with Marty McFly,” says the label’s website.
More Content For You
- Calvin Klein Will Launch Made-To-Measure Service This Spring
- Iconic American Brand Calvin Klein Set to Hire a New Creative Lead Following Raf Simons Departure
- BREAKING NEWS: Raf Simons Is Out At Calvin Klein; The Brand Will Not Show At NYFW In February
- A$AP Rocky & A$AP Mob Star In New Calvin Klein Campaign
- Solange For #MyCalvins Ad Campaign Concept; Curates A Group Of Singers & Songwriters
- Fernando Albadalejo & Salomon Diaz Front Calvin Klein Underwear Fall/Winter 2017 Campaign
- Twin Models Jan Carlos Diaz & Hector Diaz For Calvin Klein By Willy Vanderperre
- Calvin Klein Jeans Spring 2017 Ad Campaign
- Calvin Klein Unveils New Logo
- Fashion Model Luka Sabbat For Flaunt Magazine; Styles In Luxury Labels
Donovan is the CEO and Editor-In-Chief of www.dmfashionbook.com. For all general inquiries please email email@example.com Donovan has a BA in Journalism & Media Studies from the prestigious Rutgers University. He's currently studying entertainment and fashion law.