Gucci’s Pre-Fall 2017 Ad Campaign To Feature All-BLACK Models?
Gucci‘s Alessandro Michele has definitely revamp the label and took it to new heights since taking the creative director role in January 2015 (see it here).
The Italian luxury house teased a series of videos on Instagram featuring only BLACK models auditioning for their Pre-Fall 2017 ad campaign.
The “auditions” videos were taken in London, and casting was done by Midland Agency, a progressive company that counts Hood By Air and Eckhaus Latta as clients.
Gucci kept mum on the specifics, but from the looks of the series of videos, this may very be a campaign that stars only BLACK models. 2014 and 2015 were years that the fashion industry fought for diversity and even though 2016 was a better year for diversity, the industry still has a long way to go. Gucci could be using its platform to make an important statement about the absence of racial diversity within luxury brands. And if that’s the case, I am for it.
This is a big diversity push from one of the most iconic luxury houses. It looks like Gucci is trying to appeal to a broader audience.
See the series of videos below:
A video posted by Gucci (@gucci) on
Photos Credit: Gucci’s Instagram
More Content For You
- Gucci Will Cruise To Rome For 2020 Show
- DM Fashion Book Exclusive: Gucci To Decamp Milan For Paris Fashion Week This Fall
- Gucci Will Cruise To Arles For 2019 Show
- Gucci’s Spring 2018 Ad Campaign
- NBA Fashion: Terry Rozier Draped In Alessandro Michele’s Gucci Clothes
- Gucci’s Pre-Fall 2017 Campaign Features ALL-BLACK Models
- Gucci Mane Wears A Gucci Sweatshirt With Donald Duck Appliqué & Jersey Bomber Jacket With Panther
- Sports Fashion: Stefon Diggs & Allen Crabbe Spotted In A Gucci Intarsia Striped Wool Sweater
- Fabolous Rocks A Gucci ‘Blind For Love’ Panther Sweatshirt
- Alessandro Michele Is Exiting Gucci
Donovan is the CEO and Editor-In-Chief of www.dmfashionbook.com. For all general inquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org Donovan has a BA in Journalism & Media Studies from the prestigious Rutgers University. He's currently studying entertainment and fashion law.