Photographer Jean-Paule Goude Tapped To Shoot H&M x Kenzo Collaboration Ad Campaign
Every holiday, H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB (H&M) does a collaboration with a luxury fashion house. Last year it was Olivier Rousteing‘s House of Balmain. Alexander Wang, Karl Lagerfeld, Donatella Versace and Stella McCartney have all collaborated with H&M in the past.
This past May, donbleek.com reported that the Swedish retailer announced a holiday collaboration with French luxury house Kenzo (see it here). Back in July, we posted a first look at the collection (see it here).
Today, Hennes & Mauritz AB said it has tapped Jean-Paul Goude to shoot the advertising campaign for its upcoming collaboration with Kenzo. The photographer worked with Kenzo‘s creative directors Humberto Leon and Carol Lim — he shot the brand’s fall 2012 and spring 2013 campaigns and he regularly attends the duo’s shows in Paris.
“We love to work with our idols, and Jean-Paul Goude is a true icon. His images for Kenzo x H&M are incredible, and capture the personality, positivity and freedom of the collection,” Leon and Lim said in a joint statement.
“Working with H&M and Carol and Humberto on the Kenzo x H&M campaign is a real adventure,” said Goude. “I love the attitude that they have brought to the collection, and their youth, energy, fun and style.”
According to WWD, “The images, scheduled to break on Oct. 17, feature seven personalities: Chloë Sevigny, Rosario Dawson, Iman, musician Ryuichi Sakamoto and hip-hop artists Chance the Rapper, Suboi and Xiuhtezcatl Martinez.”
The Swedish based brand has yet to release Goude’s campaign images, but provided a video of the shoot in which the photographer explains that the concept for the ads was based on the photomontage technique he coined in the Seventies and dubbed “French Correction.”
The capsule collection will hit 250 selected H&M stores worldwide, as well as online on November 3.
Photos Credit: Screenshots via Don Bleek
More Content For You
- Lookbook: Kenzo X H&M Holiday Collaboration
- Kenzo Will Combine Men’s And Women’s Runway Collections For Paris Couture Week
- Kenzo’s New Film Will Debut At NYFW
- Kenzo Spring 2015 Ad: Models Mona Matsuoka & Zhao Qinghe
- LVMH’s Kenzo Parts Ways With Creative Directors Humberto Leon And Carol Lim
- Kenzo’s La Collection Memento Will Be Presented In March 2019, Under A See-Now-Buy-Now Format
- NYFW News: Opening Ceremony Will Show Fall 2017 Collection At The New York City Ballet
- First Look At The Kenzo x H&M Collection
- H&M’s Collaboration With Kenzo Arrives Just Before The Winter 2016 Holidays
- Opening Ceremony Acquired By New Guards Group; To Close Stores
Donovan is the CEO and Editor-In-Chief of www.dmfashionbook.com. For all general inquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org Donovan has a BA in Journalism & Media Studies from the prestigious Rutgers University. He's currently studying entertainment and fashion law.