Demna Gvasalia’s First Balenciaga Ad Campaign Is Here
Fresh off Balenciaga‘s debut menswear show, which was presented in Paris last week, creative director Demna Gvasalia just released his first ad campaign for the brand.
Gvasalia enlisted photographer Mark Borthwick to portray “couture attitudes” in everyday settings.
“I wanted the pieces to be shot in a real environment around where we work and live,” he told WWD. “So we shot in various locations on the streets of Paris.”
“Mark’s ‘real’ approach in his aesthetic was a key factor in my choice of photographer,” Gvasalia explained.
Asked if he would ever enlist famous people for a Balenciaga campaign, he replied: “The new Balenciaga women, the women who wear the clothes, are my celebrities.”
Lotta Volkova styled the campaign. The spots are slated to break in newspapers early next month.
Photos Credit: Mark Borthwick
More Content For You
- Ad Campaign: Balenciaga SS18 Menswear
- Balenciaga Will Combine Men’s And Women’s Runway Collections
- Balenciaga Unveils New Logo
- Balenciaga’s Creative Director Demna Gvasalia To Open Avenue Montaigne Store
- Preview: Marland Backus Fronts Demna Gvasalia’s First Balenciaga Campaign
- Balenciaga Sets First Men’s Runway Show This Summer At Paris Fashion Week
- BREAKING NEWS: Vêtements’ Demna Gvasalia Is Alexander Wang’s Successor At Balenciaga
- Balenciaga Will Present Spring 2023 Collection In NYC On May 22
- Pusha T’s Balenciaga Men’s Colorblock Logo Zip-Front Jacket, Patagonia Terrebonne Shorts & adidas Sneakers
- Styling On Em: YBN Almighty Jay’s $3,900 Balenciaga Men’s Twinset Parka And $950 Dior x Kaws Sweatshirt
Donovan is the CEO and Editor-In-Chief of www.dmfashionbook.com. For all general inquiries please email email@example.com Donovan has a BA in Journalism & Media Studies from the prestigious Rutgers University. He's currently studying entertainment and fashion law.