Missy Elliott Is The Face Of Marc Jacobs Fall Ad Campaign
Iconic female rapper, song writer, dancer and performer Missy Elliott is the face of Marc Jacobs Fall 2016 Ad Campaign.
David Sims lensed the campaign, while Katie Eleanor Grand handled styling duties.
Jacobs wrote a touching and heartfelt caption about Elliott‘s ability to push boundaries and how she influenced his designs with her creative looks and videos.
“From the moment I heard, The Rain, back in 1997, I was entranced by the genius rhythms and brilliant rhymes of Missy Elliott. Missy’s music has kept me and my design team happily energized through countless weekdays, weeknights and weekends during those long hours of sketching, fitting, styling and doing looks. In addition to the boundless energy of her music are the visually pulsating and wildly cartoon-like music videos she made in collaboration with the talented and visionary, Hype Williams. I am in continued awe of Missy’s ability to push the boundaries of the style of music both to the eye and to the ear. It was a dream of mine to work with her and I’m happy to share this portrait by David Sims for our Fall ’16 campaign.”
Photos Credit: David Sims
More Content For You
- Beauty News: Kaia Gerber Is The New Face Of Marc Jacobs Beauty
- She Made HISTORY Once Again: Missy Elliott Becomes 1st Female Rapper To Be Inducted Into The Songwriters Hall Of Fame
- Ad Campaign: Marc Jacobs’ Fall 2018
- BREAKING: Creative Director John Targon Out At Marc Jacobs
- New York Fashion Week: Lil Kim Attends The Marc Jacobs Fall 2018 Show, The Blonds Show & Teyana Taylor’s Nail Salon Opening
- It’s Being Reported That Marc Jacobs Will Close Its Last Remaining London Store
- Marc Jacobs’ Next Decadence Fragrance, Eau So Decadent Launches Next Month
- Marc Jacobs Will Show At NYFW; Is Not Stepping Back From His Namesake Brand
- Marc Jacobs May Step Back From His Namesake Brand
- Missy Elliott Covers ELLE’s Women In Music June 2017 Issue
Donovan is the CEO and Editor-In-Chief of www.dmfashionbook.com. For all general inquiries please email email@example.com Donovan has a BA in Journalism & Media Studies from the prestigious Rutgers University. He's currently studying entertainment and fashion law.