White Models Are Wearing Black Girls Cornrows In Valentino’s Spring 2016 Ad Campaign
Valentino released its Spring/Summer 2016 ad campaign and it is already causing major problems on social media because the brand is once again styling White models in Black girl cornrows. They did the same thing for its pre-fall 2015 lookbook and accompanying campaign, as well as their “Africa“-themed spring 2016 show which featured an overwhelmingly White cast of models.
At this point, I am annoyed and beyond frustrated. If you’re going to have an “Africa” themed-show and style models in a hairstyle that was invented and is still very popular in the “Black community,” then why not use Black models? Wouldn’t that make sense?
Valentino still fail at using diversity in it runway shows and ad campaigns, regardless of theme or location.
The luxury house’s new SS16 advertising campaign was shot by Steve McCurry in Kenya‘s Amboseli National Park.
Photos Credit: Steve McCurry
More Content For You
- Iconic Fashion Model Naomi Campbell Is The Face Of Valentino Pre Fall 2019 Collection
- NBA Player Chris Paul Styles In A Pyer Moss “Stars” Sherpa Lined Parka, Valentino Pantalone Jogging Pants & Air Jordan 1 “Storm Blue” Sneakers
- Jay Critch Rocks A Gucci Ac/Dc Print Tie-dye Cotton Tee-Shirt And Valentino Garavani Bounce Leather, Suede & Mesh Sneakers
- NBA Style: Carmelo Anthony Wears A Valentino Jamie Reid Slogan Intarsia Jumper And Heros Tribe 1 Mesh & Suede Sneakers
- Passion For Fashion: Jay Critch Draped In Maison Valentino
- Valentino Will List 25% Of Company In IPO?
- Dave East Spotted In A Valentino Tie-Dye Rockstud Sweatshirt
- NFL Player Cam Newton Wears A Valentino Uomo Camouflage Sweatshirt
- NBA Style: Derrick Rose Wears A Valentino Feather Embroidered Sweatshirt & Saint Laurent Color-Block Classic Suede High Top Sneakers
- NBA Style: DeMarcus Cousins Dressed In A Gucci Bee Appliqué Wool Jacket & Mike Amiri Jeans
Donovan is the CEO and Editor-In-Chief of www.dmfashionbook.com. For all general inquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org Donovan has a BA in Journalism & Media Studies from the prestigious Rutgers University. He's currently studying entertainment and fashion law.