Is He A Fashion Icon? NBA Player Amar’e Stoudemire Attends New York Fashion Week Men’s [Photo Diary]
Amar’e posed on the right side of an all-white Rolls Royce Wraith.
Today, NBA players are getting into fashion more and more. It seems like some players are prepared to dress for a runway show when they arrive inside arenas for game day. Over the years, Amar’e Stoudemire style has evolved. In my opinion, he is a fashion icon.
A fashion icon “is someone who has affected the way other people (men/women) dress.” Amar’e has definitely affected the way other people dress.
It’s no secret that the Lake Wales, Florida-native loves fashion. He co-designed a line with designer Rachel Roy, and has become a front-row fixture at Fashion Week around the world (see his Paris Fashion Week adventure here). Some of his other ventures includes a “reportedly” record label, rising acting career and a series of children books for Scholastic Press.
Amar’e has been tapped as a source of inspiration and hired for brand campaigns and by fashion publications to cover and document his Fashion Week diary. He earned his credits in the fashion industry.
The Miami Heat player sat front row to take in the latest menswear fashion at the spring 2016 menswear collection during the inaugural New York Fashion Week: Men’s. Amar’e attended three runway shows: John Elliott + Co, Greg Lauren and Tim Coppens. He also hit up the Trainwreck premiere at Alice Tully at Lincoln Center and stopped by the Jeffrey Rüdes store opening.
In 12 hours, he had four wardrobe changes. Some of his looks consist of an all-black hoodie custom made by Greg Lauren, John Elliott + Co sweatsuit, Lanvin Tailored Sleeveless Jacket, Ralph Lauren denim jeans, Craig Green shirt which was customized by Sam Shipp, and a Michael Bastian hoodie.
Tyson Beckford, Greg Lauren, Amar’e Stoudemire and Victor Cruz posed backstage at the Greg Lauren S/S 2016 show.
Tyson and Amar’e.
Amar’e and Greg Lauren.
More Content For You
- Fashion Week News: New York Men’s Dates To Move To June In 2019
- New York Fashion Week Men’s: Model Cordell Broadus Attended The Tom Ford Show, Ferragamo’s Amo Launch Party & Walked In The Todd Snyder Show
- New York Fashion Week Men’s: Ciara & Russell Wilson Attend Tom Ford Fall/Winter 2018 Menswear
- New York Fashion Week Men’s: Dyne Fall/Winter 2018
- New York Fashion Week Men’s: Perry Ellis Fall/Winter 2018 Menswear
- New York Fashion Week Men’s: Todd Snyder Fall/Winter 2018 Menswear
- New York Fashion Week Men’s: Tom Ford Fall/Winter 2018 Menswear; Models Walked In Underwear & Socks
- Official Schedule: New York Fashion Week: Men’s FW17
- New York Fashion Week Men’s Full Fall/Winter 2016 Schedule
- New York Fashion Week Men’s: Spring 2016 Menswear Polo Ralph Lauren
Donovan is the CEO and Editor-In-Chief of www.dmfashionbook.com. For all general inquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org Donovan has a BA in Journalism & Media Studies from the prestigious Rutgers University. He's currently studying entertainment and fashion law.