Jennifer Lopez Will Receive Fashion Icon Award At The 2019 CFDA Awards
UNITED STATES, NEW YORK — International pop star, actress, dancer, producer and fashion designer Jennifer Lopez is set to receive the Fashion Icon award at the upcoming CFDA Awards. The Council of Fashion Designers of America board of directors chose Lopez for the award because of her continued impact on fashion globally.
“Jennifer Lopez uses clothes as a way to express confidence and power,” said CFDA chairwoman, Diane von Furstenberg, in a statement. “Both designers and fans look forward to her fashion statements.”
Past winners of the CFDA Fashion Icon Award include Naomi Campbell, Beyoncé, Pharrell Williams, Johnny Depp and Rihanna.
Lopez will receive the award at the CFDA Awards held on June 3 at the Brooklyn Museum. Other set awards include the International Award going to Alexander McQueen’s creative director, Sarah Burton; the Founder’s Award going to Carine Roitfeld, and the Media Award going to Vogue contributing editor Lynn Yaeger.
Photos Credit: Jennifer Lopez’s Instagram
More from my site
- Kate Spade And Diane von Furstenberg Will Not Present A Runway Show At New York Fashion Week
- Rihanna is Headed To The City Of Light Again; Will Show Her Puma Collection At Paris Fashion Week
- Rita Ora Covers Shape Magazine’s May 2017 Issue
- Unsigned Hype: Milly Mir Releases “My Life Is A Movie”
- Ralph Lauren To Be Honored At 2018 CFDA Awards
- BREAKING: Jonathan Saunders Quits Diane von Furstenberg
Donovan is the CEO and Editor-In-Chief of www.dmfashionbook.com. For all general inquiries please email email@example.com Donovan has a BA in Journalism & Media Studies from the prestigious Rutgers University. He's currently studying entertainment and fashion law.