Isabel Marant Reportedly In Talks To Sell Majority Stake In Her Company

By  |  0 Comments
Share Button
Isabel Marant2

French designer Isabel Marant could be looking to sell a majority stake in her eponymous label, after being independent for over two decades.

Marant has been in talks with French investment fund, Montefiore to sell a 51% share in the company, according to Les EchosSophie Duruflé, the brand’s managing director, and Nathalie Chemouny, the third partner in Marant‘s business, will retain the remaining 49 percent alongside Marant.

The company is valued at an estimated 300 million euros, they could stand to gain a lot of money. “We have been in advanced discussions with Montefiore for several months, but nothing is signed,” Duruflé says. The label currently brings in about 150 million euros annually, 80 percent of which is comprised of international sales.

Isabel Marant would be the only fashion label within Montefiore‘s investment portfolio, which currently includes a budget hotel chain, a car rental broker, a vending machine operator and more.

Isabel Marant1

Isabel Marant3

Photos Credit: Tondo/Indigitalimages.com via Vogue Runway 

Share Button

Donovan

Donovan is the CEO and Editor-In-Chief of www.dmfashionbook.com. For all general inquiries please email don@dmfashionbook.com Donovan has a BA in Journalism & Media Studies from the prestigious Rutgers University. He's currently studying entertainment and fashion law.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login